You ever wake up and just feel inspired to do something out of the norm?
Something you don’t do everyday, or even every month.
And you know if you don’t do it NOW, you’ll never do it.
That happened to me this morning.
Hence this post.
I woke up feeling inspired to share this 1 part of my morning ritual that’s been such a joy to do.
And it literally takes 2 minutes, if that. But I think it’s one of those small things in life responsible for setting up the rest of my day for success.
Here it is…
I read flash cards.
No joke. I read these homemade flash cards with short little sayings on them.
Sayings I picked up along the way that remind me of what to focus on in life.
I call ‘em vision cards. (But I’m open to other suggestions).
And after reading these almost EVERY morning for the past 4 months, I realized how cool off an effect they really have been having on my life.
Like I’ll just be going about my day and a saying I read that morning will just pop up in my head from the ether, at what seems to be just the right moment.
For example, just the other day, Love-of-my-life (Mel)…
** One sec. Speaking of, she just came out to tell me Prince died. Bummer. Man what an icon. 57 and so young. Wish I saw him live. Heard he was a hell of a performer. And a gentleman. Massive presence. You will be missed, sir. Thank you for leaving us Purple Rain, Cream, When Doves Cry, 1999, Little Red Corvette, Let’s Go Crazy… too many to list. **
Back on track, I was saying for example, just the other day, Love-of-my-life (Mel)…was having a bit of a hard time with someone and needed to vent.
Whenever she tells me about her problems, my first instinct is to fix it.
So traditionally as she’s speaking, I’m coming up with solutions in my head as fast as she can talk.
But not this time.
This time, one word came up from my cards. A word I’ve been reading (almost) everyday for four months.
The word was “Listen”.
And I did. I fought every urge to “fix it” and just listened to her.
She spoke and I listened.
And afterwards, she thanked me for listening.
I didn’t even provide a solution. Didn’t need to. She just wanted me to listen. And eventually she came up with her own and knew exactly what to do.
That may not seem like an incredible result to some, but to me it’s amazing.
In the past, that conversation would have included me giving solutions, her rejecting them and not feeling heard and eventually both of us frustrated and pissed off.
So being thanked for listening was a HUGE turnaround.
That’s just one example. I’ve noticed many more, but will spare you those for another time.
Point is, these cards work for me.
So thought I’d share them.
Here they are.
Which ones work for you? What would you add?
Bonus points if you can name who or where a quote came from. There’s a freebie already given to ya in the pic.
- How can I bring value to the world today?
- Love is real. Love is everything. Love shapes the universe. Fear is NOT real, but only an absence of love. If Love is everything and the only real thing, We are Love. We shape the universe.
- Be better today than you were yesterday.
- What miracles would you have me perform today?
- See yourself inspiring countless people with your work and enriching their lives.
- Love Mel. Living life together.
- Don’t die with your music still in you. (I flip this one over to the back and change this to “Sing your song in this life” to get rid of the negative intention “Don’t”. One of these days I actually write it down.)
- Become completely clear on WHO you’re selling to.
- Become completely clear on WHAT you’re selling.
- The universe’s wealth is circulating in my life. It’s wealth flows to me in avalanches of abundance. All my needs, desires, and goal are instantaneously met. For I am ONE with the Universe, And the Universe Is Everything.
- Center. Expand. Flow.